Healing Touch is a nursing based continuing education program for registered nurses, physicians, body therapists, counselors, psycho-therapists, other health professionals, and individuals desiring an in-depth understanding and practice of healing work using energy based concepts.
A course of study toward a certificate of completion in Healing Touch (HT) which in-corporates a variety of basic to advanced healing modalities. The program is sequenced in 6 levels allowing participants to move from beginner to advanced practitioner, expert and instructor. Certification as a Healing Touch Practitioner and Instructor is available on application following completion of course work and additional requirements.
Level 1 begins with 16-18 continuing education contact hours of instruction, allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based therapy. A strong commitment to personal growth is required.
The participant will learn how to:
- Describe the human energy system relationship to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- Discuss energy principles basic to HT.
- Assess the energy field and energy centers.
- Identify a basic Healing Touch sequence.
- Demonstrate specific intervention techniques used in Healing Touch.
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional practice
Level I Course Content
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics of the energy system, energy field and energy centers
- Location and function of the chakras
- Assessment of the energy field and energy centers
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch
- Selected intervention techniques: Basic Healing Touch Sequence, Magnetic Passes, Magnetic Clearing, Chakra Connection (1 on 1, 2 on 1, self), Headache Techniques (tension, migraine, sinus), Ultra Sound, Laser, Chakra Spread, Scudder (Optional), Mind Clearing (Optional)
- Principles of self-healing
- Personal development as a healer
- Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies
18 Continuing Education Contact Hours
Schedule: Saturday, May 16, 2015
8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Sunday, May 17, 2015
8:30 am to 7 pm
HTPA or AHNA Member Tuition – $340
Student, with ID – $225
Repeat – $255 (+ $35 for new notebook if needed)
Minimum non-refundable deposit – $100
Instructor: Anna Marie Newman, BSN, RN, CNOR, LMP, HTCP/CI, has worked in both city and rural hospitals in multiple nursing specialties. She has taught in nursing and massage schools and has coordinated massage programs in hospital settings. She has a private Healing Touch practice and facilitates a local Healing Touch group. She teaches HT Level 1 & 2 and Anatomy For Healers, Level 1. Anna Marie embraces the belief that people hold the key to their wellness and that the wholeness of the body, mind, spirit and emotion can be harmonized for optimal health.